Tuesday, February 28, 2012

This Little Light of Mine

Tonight’s the kind of night that I envisioned when I decided to stay home in Wisconsin through the winter. It’s around thirty two degrees outside, I can hear the snow and rain mixture hitting the roof of the house I’m renting and I am sipping a glass of wine while I just reflect and get my thoughts out.

For some reason though, this vision took almost four months to finally arrive and now with only two months left before I venture back to the endless vibrations of Los Angeles, I see the work that I need to finish. This work is what I need to feel fulfilled and comfortable that my time home was well spent and worthwhile.

For me, this came with a light bulb; an actual light bulb. Ever since I moved into this vacation home for the off season, I have been trying to figure out why this one particular lamp would not light up. I thought that there was a short in it, or that the outlet was plugged in a socket that didn’t work and I even put the light bulb into another lamp to make sure that it worked. Well somewhere in there, I didn’t try a different light bulb in that lamp. Well, wouldn’t anyone know, but that was the secret to it all. With this lamp now working, I feel that the entire space is mine, and in that space, I finally feel comfortable enough to just write, relax and find my voice.

Taking note that it was just a simple fix of a light bulb that allowed me to make this creative shift makes me really look at what other obstacles in my life just need a new light bulb. Isn’t that all it is sometimes; Just a light bulb to shine on what is needed in our lives? It is notable to take those inventories on our lives in order to recede what is in our way in order to get closer to conquering what we truly yearn to accomplish.

As I sit here, sip my wine, listen to the rain hit the roof and open up the latest book that I am becoming emotionally involved in, I will find thanks for this light bulb and grow more sensitive to those light bulbs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment