Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doing Nothing

I was watching this Janet Jackson video and it just amazed me how people just don't hang out. Maybe it's adulthood, but even though, we always have an agenda. We're either meeting for lunch, to talk about something specific, or have something planned immediately afterward that moves us to depart and go on with our day. This is not necessarily a bad thing, I just miss that doing nothing feeling.


I got home from work this afternoon, it was raining, and I just wanted to accomplish nothing. I just wanted to sit and watch a movie so I thought, revisit my old favorite "Empire Records". Again, this movie is a great reminder of how in our youth, we just hung out. No agenda, no purpose and no goal needing to be obtained; just company of friends and the possibility of anything.



I'm ending this blog with the video from The The which is featured at the end of the movie. It's a great little feel good song.



No comments:

Post a Comment