Sunday, October 31, 2010

Waiting for Supreman

I finally got a chance to see the movie "Waiting for Superman" today and it was beyond what I thought it would be. My awareness has definitely been heightened by what is happening in our countries education system right now. Part of the movie discussed how even in our normal public schools, students are separated into categories that are focused on where they are going in their future. I look at my elementary education and see exactly what was being discussed in the film. After fourth grade, my class of nine were transported to a city about twenty miles aways so we could finish our elementary education. When we got there, we were all separated into different homerooms and different levels of core classes. We all understood that there were reasons why we were in these different classes together but we never actually understood where that stems from. This movie open my eyes to that. Thankfully though, I was blessed with amazing teachers all along the way who fostered my own curiosity and desire to learn. With the combination of them and excellent parenting, I was able to hurdle over many obstacles.


And now I will leave you with an added little Halloween bonus. Have a great Halloween everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment