Friday, November 12, 2010

The Importance of Speech and Language

I finally got a chance to watch the new Tyler Perry film "For Colored Girls" which is adapted from the Tony award winning play written by Ntozake Shange. Going into this movie, I was little terrified that the language would be lost and the richness of the speech would not be the main event. Man was I wrong? The cast of extremely talented actress took control and didn't the the language get dropped one bit. One of my favorite scenes, performed by Macy Gray, even came through with the beauty and eloquence that it deserved and was owed. This definitely needs to be seen by anyone who is in love with speech.



This movie gave me inspiration today, as well as this. This is a link to my friend Danielle's website. She is a talented new photographer who I take pleasure in knowing her before she s enveloped by National Geographic. Take a moment to look at her pictures and let her inspire you.
http://http://daniellevick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment