Saturday, November 6, 2010

Seattle, on a Saturday Morning

I'm sitting here, at Tully's coffee, on a Saturday morning. The fall colors are all out, and the clouds are covering the city like a blanket. It's reminding me of fall back home. Those low pressured Saturday morning's where anything was possible and the idea of perfection in the slightest of detail was there. This morning is definitely that same idea.

When living in the city of Los Angles, one tends to forget that everything doesn't have to be so high pressured. We think that everything takes work and to just relax, even though we do, is more of a reward than it really is. Time is money and you had better be earning it. In addition to this, we think that every where else is just like high pressured Los Angeles. Well it isn't.

As I'm sitting in this coffee shop in Seattle on this dank, murky and fantastic morning, I'm reminded that other cities have their own personalities, their own quirks and maybe, we need the time to try on each city as if we were shopping for a new pair of pants. Just because it says it is a thirty two waist, does not mean that it will actually fit you. I look at the other cities that I have spent time in, now reminded that life isn't as fast as suggested, and I realize that I never became so full of anxiety in those other cities as I do in L.A.

Well, right now though, this is about Seattle, so I'm going to get a refill on my coffee, enjoy the rain, and gaze into the eyes of this city for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment