Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm definitely not 20 anymore

Dina and I went out last night and tied one on. I know people say all of the time that their not young any more. I realize that I'm not 70 but it is interesting in how in only ten years, my body takes an entire day to recover. I got to bed at about 5:30am and didn't even leave the house until 5pm. That is no bueno. It is so sad that I had no idea where my ibuprofen was at. It was not pretty.
I did however meet someone last night. It wasn't the normal run of the mill meeting that happens normally in L.A., it was something of substance. Even if it only happens to be a brief encounter, it was well worth the time. I hung out with him, a friend of his and his two beautiful dogs and it just felt so comforting. We were up on the roof and It was a very serene moment in time. This is a lack of better words because I was a little drunk. When I say a little, I really mean a lotta.
I got some time to meet and learn about a new fantastic person and find comfort that I was there when he needed someone to listen. Again, if this ends up happening to be this one night occurrence with him, it will still be complete.
Here's the part though where I pull a "Potter" and ruin it before it even has a chance to gestate. After he dropped me off at my house, and we had a glass of wine, I walked him to his car and kissed him good bye. All is well, I give him my card, I put his number in my phone, and say goodnight after we make plans to have lunch today. As I am getting into my apartment,I go to text him a cute msg goodnight and here is where our problem begins..... I didn't actually save his number. What a nincompoop I am.
Well, in my drunk stupor, I panicked, looked for him on facebook, found his friend and sent him a friend request. Keep in mind, it is 5am. I then calmed myself down, went to bed, and when I awoke,I looked on facebook again, found him and sent a message. I then called a no-named number that was saved in my phone and after I left a message, I still didn't know if this was his number. I am ridiculous!!!
So, now that I am on the threshold of stalker status, we'll see if I have the pleasure of seeing him again. If not, then that is that an I have grown to be a better person for the experience I was given last night

No comments:

Post a Comment