Friday, January 15, 2010

"I'm here and I want to be"

http:// Working with Dina right now at the Pig in Los Feliz and am having one of those moments of clarity and remembrance letting me know that this is where and why I wanted to be in L.A. It takes so much out of us, that day to day routine, that we completely forget our goals and intentions for the purpose of being where we are at that exact moment. Those moments of balance take us by surprise and we have to stop for a moment and identify what it is and then acknowledge that this moment is happening, and of course, then its gone.
I look back on my years and realize that these moments are great check and balance systems: Not only to reassure us that we are on track, or even a track at all, but just to say that we're still living, breathing, beings.
When I was 19, and in the summer at home working 16 hours a day, I would get these moments all the time. It was the living thing that kept popping out to me. We were living each and every moment. All those summers in Wisconsin Dells, working and living, meeting people who still, and will always be, major parts of my life. Seeing the sun come up over the parking lot of Denny's really only has a point of worth in a life, and for me, that was in the ages of 19-23. I truly hope that everyone gets those moments in there life and has the ability to see them when they happen through out the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment