Sunday, March 28, 2010

I haven't posted in so long....AAAHHHHH

Well, to the few of you that are following me, I'll do a quick catch up and then I promise to have my blog updated much more frequently. For starters, I'll begin talking about an amazing interview that I heard on Saturday the 20th. It was on NPR's weekend edition and it was with Kathleen Turner. She is a fantastic woman and I feel that she gives all of herself in everything that she performs in. It is definitely worth a listen so please take 8 minutes and get entertained.
http://http//www.npr.org/search/index.php?searchinput=Kathleen%20Turner


Well, besides that, both jobs have been working me and not me working them. For those of you who haven't heard, Dina and I are now part of the Hot Talk LA family at hottalkla.com. We are so happy and the crew there have welcomed us with open arms. Definitely if you get a chance this week, listen to some of there talent because they are chalker-block full of gigantic, hilarious personality.

In addition to that, I was deathly ill this week, in bed for 85% of it and I am still trying to gain my strength. Getting that sick, well for someone who rarely gets sick, is a huge reminder that I am getting older and still am single. It's not as if I'm gonna marry the next man that smiles at me, but this week definitely shifted some of my priorities; in a good way. Before this illness did happen though, I was challenged to join a singles website with a friend. The challenge is that we are going to go date for date. So far, I am losing pretty badly. I'll change that this week though.

While I was sick this week, I got a chance to catch up on all of my shows and heavens, everyone on Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters are going crazy and you know I love it. I also caught some time hearing what other celebrities were up to. One was Amy Wienhouse tweeted that she wanted to learn how to drive better..... and that she wants a machete. Well is isn't that fantastic. Does she want this weapon for while she is driving?

Something else that has really taking my attention this week has been our political climate between the Republicans and the Democrats in our Congress. Mudslinging isn't even a statement in this. To quote Dina, it's almost as if we are back in true Elizabethan Parliament. All we need is some wigs and a couple FOPS. This article describes it much better than I do.
http://http//www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/weekinreview/28carey.html?ref=todayspaper

So that will get you pretty much cought up on my life. This week is a turn around week so I'm excited to get it in motion. I'm going to leave this post with two additional things. One is the youtube video with The Dina and Gregg Show's big anouncement and the other is a picture I came accross that I really struck me. Have a great week. If I get a chance today, I'll post another sample of "I Have 3 Kinds of Hiccups"


No comments:

Post a Comment