Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another early night

It's about 8:30pm, and its about time I that I have to go to bed. I have early shifts this week that require me to get up at 3:00am. I did see a couple things today though that have some interest of mine that I thought I would share.

The first is a cartoon that I found in the New York Times after I started writing a new play. First, I'm going to just give you the beginning two paragraphs of my new play, and then I will attach the cartoon. It is so funny how they parallel.



Man
I think the biggest problem with the world today isn’t homelessness, it isn’t the deficit. Hell, it isn’t even the homosexuals….. What it is, is the fact that we, as humans, are getting further and further apart from each other mentally and emotionally, yet we are getting closer and closer together physically.
Now, I don’t mean physically as in bodies sweating naked in lust; I mean, we are actually getting so close to each other, that you can start driving in Pismo Beach California, and the only time you see just space between there and Tijuana is Camp Pendleton. That is so many people, so close to each other and all them have a cell phone, and a laptop, and are on email, facebook, IMing….
That is the problem, we have our little worlds out there in cyberspace, that we don’t have our physical worlds happening consciously. I was sitting in the bank yesterday and thought, as I was waiting to get my money from the attendant, “what would happen if the power went out? All these people in here would have no clue what to do” But really, everyone at the ATM would have to come inside, all the people who are avoiding others by being on their phone, tweeting, emailing, talking, would have to actually digest the people around them and maybe hold a conversation with these strangers. At the least they would have to say, “What do you think happened?”




Prop 8 has been one of the largest controversies here in California over the last year and the state will finally be making a decision on it tomorrow. Here is a youtube interview from towlroad.com that has some information and below it is the direct link to the article.



http://http//www.towleroad.com/2010/08/proposition-8-decision-coming-tomorrow.html

And last, there is a new Dina and Gregg Show....... Here it is everyone. Have a great night and look forward to our newest addition to hottalkla.com Dina and Gregg Off the Mic.


http://http//www.hottalkla.com/htla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=61&Itemid=320

No comments:

Post a Comment