Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hot Los Angeles

It’s been extremely hot in Los Angeles the last couple days. Not just hot, but dry, angry desert heat that I haven’t felt since I lived in Las Vegas. Being LA though, this is extremely abnormal and feels more like the hot days in July and August back home when you can hear the heat in the power lines. Where the air is thick and the weather person on the news cast talks of the heat index. Those days, where your parents tell you to be in by 10am because it is just too hot to play outside.

Well, while I sit in my bed writing this at a little before nine in the morning, that is what I am reminded of; Those days because I have the air conditioning going constantly and water right beside me. I always thought of those days as snow days in the summer because the only thing you can do is sit inside, watch movies, clean, or bake. When the oven goes on, the air gets turned up even more. I don’t even want to mention the horrible habit, yet love, of turning the air up so you can curl up in a blanket. Yes, it is such a waste of energy but once in a while, it just feels too amazing. Take a nap, watch a movie, talk on the phone: Everything we don’t have time for in our everyday lives. Somehow though, I now sound like a teenage girl. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment