Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Opportunity of Time

I am back to the place where I love being the most;  Having my days to work on what I feel is the most productive projects that allow me to use my talents in the largest form of influence that I feel possible.  I most identify myself as a writer.  Through words, I feel that I can connect to people the best.  I know we all wear many hats.  The hats I wear under the category "profession"  alone varies from radio host to entrepreneur, restaurant manager, consultant and of course writer. 

Writing is definitely where I feel most comfortable and most fulfilled.  Through writing I get to examine my experiences along with the experiences of the great many people that have crossed my path. I share these experiences, dissect them, and hopefully find ways to establish common ground so that through either reading or writing, we can become greater human beings.  This happens in the comedic moments, the sad moments, and the moments that happen so quickly that if we don't identify them, we will just loose them and the lesson those moments deliver. 

I also write because I am a student of people.  I learn from everyone and every moment I find myself in.  Being a student of people has allowed me to find my own philosophy in a time where it seems that philosophy is something only found in a section of the library.  Yet, the rows of books that fall under this category has a purpose that needs to be transformed into this post-modern, technologically advanced time. For me, my writing helps give reasons to why and hopefully translates to others.  As I write, I still give my thanks to the modern philosophers of our day like Micheal Hardt, Martha Nussbaum and Cornel West.  Even though many of them would never self-identify as philosophers, they very much are. 

For the next two months, I get the opportunity of time to write, re-connect and find my center on where I am and why I write.  I say this with the title of "Opportunity of Time" in an ironic form because time is always there as an opportunity.  Despite what is fed to us through the media and most other outlets, time itself does not actually cost us anything.  Time is the constant and we are the ones who decide how we spend it. 

For the next two months, I will write and connect and share; it is my commitment to myself. As I share, ask yourself, what can I commit to?  What do I want to do for myself that I never make time for?  Give yourself two months, two weeks or two days and share what it is and what you are accomplishing. I repeat sharing because it is the most important part.  Sharing gives inspiration, it allows others to share their stories and it makes a platform for collaboration for even greater things to happen.

For whatever reason it is, make the decision to give yourself the opportunity of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment