Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Saturday Night In



Its Saturday July 17th, and I am in, for no reason, I just ended up in the house. A shower of self pity came over me earlier, which is ridiculous, I know, but it did. I waited to blog until it was gone because I don't want that to take up space that I put my name on. I attached one of my favorite songs to the beginning of this entry to ensure that my earlier energy isn't attached.


This particular song, London Skies, by Jamie Cullum, is particularily close to my heart. It reminds me of one of my favorite time periods of my life. It was the latter end of the summer of 2008 and I was living with Alyssa. I was also working on the peir at the Edgewater in Madison, WI. I spent my days out on the lake taking care of people, and then at night, I was with brilliant, wonderful people who I loved being around. That was on the threshold of me making my triumphant return to Los Angeles. That was almost 2 years ago.


Since those care free days on the lake, much has changed. I would go in the general direction for the good though. One of the largest things of course would be The Dina and Gregg Show. We're going on a year strong. Here is a couple things to notice about it.


I am also thankful for my circle of friends. I of course, have my group of friends that I had from when I lived out here years ago, but I have made some other really great friends. I really am so lucky in that department of my life. Even with Jean and me, we have a beautiful apartment in Hancock Park and it is just a great space that I never really thought I would live in.

I have also been with my job for almost the entire 2 years. I've never been one to not hold onto a job. But I have stuck it through with them for a while now and one has to keep the question in mind of, where is it going? I still have the power and energy to climb up the coorperate ladder of course, but most likely no, I won't be doing that.

Any way, I am going to get back to some other writing so good night. Have a wonderful Saturday night. I promise, I won't make you wait this long in the future.

I'm going to leave you with music that I'm working to right now. The group Floetry came out a few years ago and never got the dues that they deserved. I loved them and still do. Their album is frequently heard in my home.


">

No comments:

Post a Comment