Sunday, April 18, 2010

Neurotic Over Achiever

I have no clue why I am so neurotic about getting things done. I just spent the afternoon with Dina freaking out that I haven't hardly got anything done this weekend and then called my mother and did the same god damn thing with her. When I get into this funk, I get myself all worked up and then waste even more time attempting to calm myself down when all I need to do is sit my ass down and get some work done. So now, that is what I am doing. I didn't go anywhere specific to work. I just sat down, in my living room, with a beer, and started writing. Who else has this issue? In reality, I got a ton of tasks crossed off my to do list.

I try to analyze where it stems from and I have no idea. I was definitely an over achiever when I was younger but that was school goals, making yourself look better than other students/competition. I'm not going up against anyone here. It's just me, me and my goals. There is no specific time line,just a picture that I have painted in my mind that is what I think would be my succession to my own happiness. This isn't saying that my happiness will only come when I get to this picture because that would be completely false. I am extremely happy with my life yet change happens and we go through seasons. The difficult thing as human beings is that we have this change happen a little more frequently than we can handle. That is a fact for everyone. Even though change doesn't happen often for certain people, it does still happen and it happens more frequently than they would care for.

I want to end this quick little post with a thank you to Langdon Bosarge. He is another host at Hot Talk LA who joined us in the studio for our show this week. He brought up how we go through seasons as well and some times even I need a reminder of that. I know, you're thinking "Gregg, that has absolutely nothing to do with your original thought" Well, deal with it. Don't worry, you'll here from me later tonight.

http://http//hottalkla.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=982&Itemid=318option=com_content&view=article&id=982&Itemid=318

No comments:

Post a Comment