Tuesday, April 27, 2010

U2 and the following preview


Have you ever had music completely relate to your life? When I was 21, it seems that U2's album "All that You Can't Leave Behind" parallelled everything that was going on not only around me, but inside me. I had really began to deal with my sexuality, my eyes were really opened to what we are shown in the media and the truth that we make for ourselves, and I was about to move to a place(Las Vegas) where I had never been before. Lots was going on and for some reason, U2 helped guide me at moments when I was dumbfounded on what to do next. The lead single from this album is "Beautiful Day", being the reason why I placed it at the beginning of this post. It still holds so much meaning to me and is a great reminder to be positive when things don't quite seem to be going our way.

This sample also references one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Coast to Coast. It really is one of the best ways to stay awake when driving in the late hours of the night. It is so ridiculous at times that you have no other choice to listen to what ever will be the next thing to come out of their mouths.

Well, I hope you enjoy this sample of "I Have 3 Kinds of Hiccups". This part of my journey is definitely one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment