Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shaking

There has been a lot of shaking lately and being here in Southern California, we can't help to wonder if somethings going to happen here soon. I guess if it does, we just grab a beer and hold on tight. I like to think that I am able to anticipate and prepare for most of what happens in my world, but I acknowledge when I can not. In this sort of situation, I completely recognize that I am helpless so it really does come down to grabbing some beer, hopefully you've got some ice, and find a nice open place until the shaking stops.

Speaking of metaphorical shaking. Erykah Badu's Window Seat video. She goes along the same path that JFK was on in Dallas the day that he was assasinated. I understand that she did this in broad day light in front of many random onlookers, but it is her art. I love her and appreciate her for forcing people to see something more than just a music video. Well, this is for you to watch.

">

The other video that I would like to bring to the attention of my readers is the new You Tube video featuring a few celebrities making a point on equal rights. I appreciate it. I just wish that there wasn't such a time lapse between major public notices. In order for there to be a real change made, there has to be continuous attention brought to the issue. Unfortunately, I don't have any solutions this evening, so I will just say good night, and let you watch the video. Thank you for reading. Oh, and by the way, these are two different videos.

">

">

No comments:

Post a Comment