Saturday, June 19, 2010

Smells

We all know how certain smells bring us back to moments in our lives. Chocolate, rain on the hot black top, cow shit... Well, these last few days, I've been having so many memories come back with smells of my grandma's house.

Tonight we finished up recording the next Dina and Gregg Show and when we were leaving Rich and Sayra's house, it smelt like summer, sitting outside on the deck, at night at grandma's. A couple days ago I got home, and walked in my apartment and it smelt like grandma's house completely. I did my laundry last weekend and when I put it away, again grandmas'. I'm not sure if there is a chemical that is picking this stuff up, or something in my subconscious that needs that sense of self, but its there and it keeps coming out.

That is all I have for tonight. I just thought that I would share that. Keep in close touch with all of your senses. Our bodies are our indicators that we need something. We mustn't forget that. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment